(Last Updated On: July 16, 2023)
How to Operate Vacuum Sealing Machine Properly?
The vacuum machine is a handy accessory in the kitchen. Its task is to store food in unique bags by eliminating all the air contained inside. The vacuum packing technique helps extend the shelf life of foods, removing them from exposure to potential bacteria and oxidation processes of nutrition. How to Operate Vacuum Sealing Machine Properly?
Always use fresh food:
You should always use fresh food for vacuum sealing. It is because the germ content of fresh foods is lower than that of stored foods. Therefore, it is best to seal your groceries on the same day you bought them.
Remove damaged areas:
You should remove damaged areas on your food permanently. Otherwise, the risk of vacuuming up any bacteria or germs is too significant.
Creating perfect hygienic conditions:
Hygiene is crucial when vacuuming. It is not only dangerous to your food if you vacuum-seal microorganisms, but it can also be harmful to you in the worst-case scenario. Therefore, you should observe the following hygiene points:
- Cleaning the sealing machine is also one of the critical hygienic measures.
- Wash your hands always before you process your food.
- Always work with a clean knife and wash it off whenever you
- Ideally, use disposable gloves to minimize the risk of germs.
- Keep your working area clean.
- Use stainless steel or stone surfaces.
Procedure for sealing meat
- It would help if you always patted the meat dry before vacuum sealing.
- Meat should always be vacuum-sealed when refrigerated.
- You must never preserve raw and prepared meat in a vacuum bag together.
- Always pat the meat dry so that no meat juice can run into the sealer.
- Marinate meat directly in the vacuum bag and vacuum seal. It is much faster, and the flavors can better penetrate the meat due to the negative pressure.
- When vacuuming meat, always make sure that no sharp objects such as bones protrude. Otherwise, there is a risk that your vacuum bag will tear.
Procedure for sealing fruit
- Delicate fruit such as berries or grapes needs a particularly gentle vacuuming process not to be crushed.
- You should always blanch Gas-forming fruits and vegetables before vacuum sealing. These include, for example, all types of cabbage, broccoli, asparagus, beans and snow peas. Potatoes, pears, bananas or apples can be vacuum-sealed raw. However, it would help if you peeled them beforehand.
- Sensitive fruit such as berries or grapes should always be vacuumed using manual pressure regulation. It will reduce the risk of squeezing together, and that you will only end up with porridge.
Procedure for sealing liquids
- It would help if you froze Soups or other liquids briefly before vacuum sealing.
- You can also use paper towels or a liquid suction stop. It is placed just below the resulting weld seam. It means that the liquid is drawn into the paper and does not run into the device.
- Let your vacuum bag of liquids hang over the edge of the table. It means that it has to fight against gravity when vacuuming. It gives you more time until the juice runs towards the vacuum shaft.
Recommended Readings (Rated Recommendation)